Meat chopping machines are often used in delicatessen and grocery stores, but cafeterias, buffets, catering companies, and other foodservice organizations also use them. Since slicers are often used for various foods, it is important to know how to clean them. Eventually, the microtome will wear out and need to be replaced with a new microtome. Before that, you should learn the basic meat slicer maintenance methods and how to keep the meat slicer blades. Read about how to clean the microtome, blade maintenance, etc.
The slicer can be used in various deli shops and even sliced products. When you clean the slicer from time to time, food residue will accumulate in some parts of the machine, causing bacteria to grow. This kind of bacteria can contaminate food and cause foodborne diseases, which may make customers very sick! In addition, the meat slicer can transfer the flavor or fine food particles to the items to be sliced later, thereby changing the pure taste or texture of the product.
Meat Chopping Machines
Carefully monitor the guard ring frame, blade guard, and meat slicer handle on the meat slicer for any cracks, breaks, missing or unconnected components, and replace with new meat slicer parts if necessary. Food particles will accumulate on the guard ring holder, inside the blade guard, and under the slicer handle. When collecting food, it can multiply and hide dangerous bacteria.
Make sure to check the seams, seals, and gaskets on the machine regularly to see if they have worn out and formed other cracks and gaps where food and bacteria have accumulated. Never use a microtome with missing, damaged, unconnected or defective seals, seams, or gaskets. Stop using this slicer and repair it before use, as there may be dangerous bacteria trapped.
When changing meat, cheese, or produce, always wipe the slicer. It is best to clean the machine once a day to prevent grease and solid food debris from accumulating on the blade or panel and to retain potentially dangerous bacteria. The FDA actually recommends that if the meat slicer is used continuously, it should be cleaned every 4 hours, so you should clean the machine as often as possible.
Always wear protective gloves. Cut-resistant gloves such as cut-resistant metal gloves are ideal, especially when handling blades.
Always strictly follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Do not use steel wool as it will scratch the machine.
Never submerge the slicer completely. The slicer’s manual will specify which parts are dishwasher safe and how to maintain other parts.
Meat Chopping Machines
1. Set the thickness to zero. Use a gentle sanding pad to wipe the sides of the blade while the microtome is in motion. After removing any large food particles, turn off the power, and unplug the slicer.
2. Next, make sure that the gauge plate is in the fully closed position and the sharpening stone is not blocked. Then, remove the product tray, deflector, and center plate. Wash, rinse and disinfect these components, and then allow them to air dry.
3. To clean the blade, you can remove it or leave it in place. If you leave the blade in place, make sure to clean it thoroughly. Use a 1:1 ratio of hot water and soap to make a soap solution. Alternatively, you can use a degreaser spray to clean the blade. When wiping from the center out, clean the front and back of the blade.
4. Wipe the outside of the microtome and all remaining parts. Then, rinse with hot water with a clean towel.
5. Use the meat cutter disinfection sprayer to disinfect the equipment. Use a spray bottle to apply the machine thoroughly and let it air dry.
6. Lubricate the sliding rod with a spray lubricant. After the slicer is dry, please replace the blade, panel, and product tray
If there seems to be any accumulation of water on the microtome, dry these areas with a lint-free towel and lubricate them to prevent rust or corrosion. If water accumulates on gaskets or other components, they may need to be replaced.
Meat Chopping Machines
With proper maintenance, you can extend the life of the meat slicer. Here are some simple tips:
You should clean the meat slicer blade frequently and sharpen it with a whetstone.
Only sharpen clean blades and make sure to clean and disinfect the blades after sharpening.
Please follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Regularly repair the machine in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
Now that you know how to clean the meat slicer, you can keep the meat slicer in a deli, grocery store, or restaurant in good condition. Make sure to check the machine regularly for any damaged parts or accumulation of food. If you meet the maintenance requirements of the slicer, you can extend the life of the equipment and reduce the chance of contaminating food.
Copyright © Baoding Oath Imp&Exp Trading Co.,Ltd. All Rights Reserved | Sitemap | Powered by